Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] TPG tool files

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 20:44:53 +0200
"Jeff Morriss" <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gisle Vanem wrote:
The files in tools/tpg seems to have DOS/Win line-endings (CR-LF). This doesn't work well with the Cygwin compiled perl I have here. Could you pass them through dos2unix before adding to svn?

Those files all have svn:eol-style set to 'native' (like most of the rest of Wireshark) which means they should have, well, native line endings. I forget exactly what that means in the Cygwin world though...

It is LF by default unless one messes with /etc/fstab. I tried putting this
in my %HOME\Subversion\config:
 enable-auto-props = yes
 [auto-props]
 *.pl = svn:eol-style=lf
 *.yp = svn:eol-style=lf

But it only has effect on newly added or imported files. I'll think I
have to add some dos2unix calls in my 'svn update' script.

--gv