Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] license question

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:04:55 +0200
Hi

It is good practice and a positive example, if you upload the code or
provide it to the main distribution. But nothing prevents you in the
GPL to distribute your work to your client, and ask him to pay for it,
as long as you provide the sourcecode with the compiled version of the
plugin. You do not have to provide the code on the installation disc,
or the original download, but the client must be able to receive it
without further inquiries.

So putting it on a user-restricted part of your website is fine.

regards,
Roland