Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] license question

From: "Yosi Saggi" <yosis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:24:51 +0300

Hi

I need some help regarding license issues with wireshark.

I have written a plug-in for wireshark for our proprietary API between MAC and PHY.

This plug-in is to be used by clients and my company for debugging API traffic between PHY and MAC.

I would like to know if I need to publish the dll somewhere or upload the source codes to the wireshark trunk?

What do I need to do in this case where this plug-in will be used on wireshark?

I tried to understand it from the GPL FAQ  but didn’t understand where I stand in this case.

I would appreciate any help in the matter.

Thanks

Yosi