Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] license question

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:16:54 +0200
On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 02:04:55PM +0200, Roland Knall wrote:
> or the original download, but the client must be able to receive it
> without further inquiries.

According to a majority of people who have looked into the GPLv2 in depth
and also accoding to the FSF, you are required to provide the source code to
anyone who requests it. To my knowledge this interpretation has not yet been
"validated" in court.
For the FSF view, see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0-faq.html#WhatDoesWrittenOfferValid

Ciao