Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 40644: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Tony Trinh <tony19@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:26:08 -0500
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Maynard, Chris <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now it displays as follows for me:
????? ????????          <DXDragon [AT] yandex.ru>

In Windows 7, I can copy paste Роман Донченко into plain-old Notepad, and it shows correctly to my surprise. Interestingly, if I copy that into Notepad++, I see a bunch of question marks as you do. It turns out my text encoding was set to ANSI (Settings > Preferences > New Document/Default Directory > Encoding > ANSI). If I change that to UTF-8 and paste the text into a new document in Notepad++, I see the proper text. Maybe the editor you're using needs to be set to UTF-8.