Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 40644: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:23:34 -0800
On Jan 23, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Maynard, Chris wrote:

> Now it displays as follows for me:
> ????? ????????          <DXDragon [AT] yandex.ru>

What software is displaying it?

At least in Mac OS X 10.6.8 when running commands in Terminal, both "more" (which, in honor of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, is really just another link to "less") and "egrep", display it as "Роман Донченко".  My microEMACS also displays it as "Роман Донченко", but would probably not do a very good job of letting me edit it.

Perhaps the software that's displaying it that way is mapping all bytes with the 8th bit set to "?" - in which case it'll probably show Michael Tüxen's name with ?'s in it as well.