Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem with tools/win-setup.sh

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 05:59:35 -0500
Ed Beroset wrote:
Weir, Alan wrote:
Hi Ed,

When running "nmake -f makefile.nmake verify_tools" the message:

ERROR: The contents of C:\wireshark-win32-libs\current_tag.txt is
(unknown).
It should be 2011-06-27.

Is emitted even though the file exists and contains the correct text.

Ah, good clue. I'm guessing you have some other "cat" program in the
path. To check this, from the Windows command prompt (not the bash
shell) do this:

echo which cat > foo.sh
bash foo.sh

This should return something like
/usr/bin/cat

for the first line and then your complete path. If instead it returns
something like
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/PackageIForgotIEverInstalled/cat

Then you've found your problem. Either rename the other cat or fiddle
with the path to point to the cygwin version of cat first. If that
doesn't do it, let us know and we'll dig a little deeper.

For anyone else who might encounter this, I just got an email reply from Alan Weir confirming that this was indeed the problem and the fix.

Ed