Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem with tools/win-setup.sh

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 09:12:12 -0500
On 1/6/2012 5:59 AM, Ed Beroset wrote:
Ed Beroset wrote:
Then you've found your problem. Either rename the other cat or fiddle
with the path to point to the cygwin version of cat first. If that
doesn't do it, let us know and we'll dig a little deeper.

So:

   We should add 'cat' to the list of tools checked.

It also sounds like:
   We should require certain tools (bash, bison,...,sed,,...)
   (in addition to the already checked /usr/bin/find) should
   be in /usr/bin.

   Does this seem too restrictive ?

   ISTR previous cases where something other with the same
   name as a cygwin exec (e.g. sed) was found because of the
   way PATH was set up.