Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 39143: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Martin Kaiser <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:28:40 +0200
Dear all,

I wanted to discuss this as well to make sure that my next submissions
are in line with your policy, but you were faster ;-)

Thus wrote Maynard, Chris (Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx):

> [...]

What problem can occur with ENC_NA here?

My assumption was that ENC_BIG_ENDIAN/_LITTLE_ENDIAN is only applicable
to multi-byte numeric values, i.e. FT_(U)INT16/32/64. For FT_(U)INT8 and
FT_BYTES, FT_STRING etc., I used ENC_NA.

Anders' assumption is correct: all multi-byte values in DVB-CI are big
endian.

Best regards,

   Martin