Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 39143: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:48:55 -0700
On Sep 26, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Maynard, Chris wrote:

> The impact of this would imply these other changes:
>
> For every proto_tree_add_*() function:

Presumably you mean "for every proto_tree_add_*() function that doesn't take the value to be added to the tree as an argument", as proto_tree_add_uint(), for example, has the unsigned integer value to be added, not an endianness/encoding value, as an argument.

> -> Change the "const gboolean little_endian" argument to something like "gint endian"

Already done for proto_tree_add_item(), except it's "guint encoding", which includes more than just the byte order.

Not yet done for the bit-processing routines, but I think somebody might have patches that, among other things, do that.