Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Ok to change test-fuzzed-cap.sh from #!/bin/bash to /bin/sh?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:27:12 -0600
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:55:21PM -0400, Jeff Morriss wrote:

> Traditionally 'sh' (at least the original one) does not like things like:
>
>      export WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY=
>
> So instead you have to do:
>
> WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY=
> export WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY

Good thing I asked!  The second way is the way I learned.  Does that way
work on Solaris /bin/sh even if the first doesn't?

> At least I've had that problem on SVR4-derived systems (Solaris).  IIRC
> you usually use FreeBSD so you might have the Almquist Shell[1] which
> might behave differently.

Good memory.. my old (> 15 year) habits of using FreeBSD are hard to
break :)

> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almquist_Shell

Thanks for the reference... I haven't heard the term "ash" shell in
years!  Sure enough though, that's the one FreeBSD uses:
/usr/src/bin/sh/TOUR:

                       A Tour through Ash

               Copyright 1989 by Kenneth Almquist.