Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] opcua plugin release question

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:23:57 -0600
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:19:55AM +0200, Gerhard Gappmeier wrote:

> I was just checking the last release of wireshark 1.4.5 and it still
> does not include the fixes I made last year for the opcua plugin.

Do you have a bug number or SVN revision number that the changes were
made in (or even the line numbers of the code) that we can look it up
with?

> I can find this fixes in trunk, but not in trunk-1.4, which seems to
> be the base of current releases.
>
> Is there any reason why the fixes are not included?

The 1.2 and 1.4 releases only contain bug fixes and new features go into
the even numbered releases, the next of which will be 1.6 (coming out
this year.)  See these for more details:

  Lifecycle    http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/LifeCycle
  Roadmap      http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Roadmap