Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] What is BASE_HEX_DEC
From: "news.gmane.com" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:40:18 +0100
"Guy Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> (Then again, I've seen dissectors that display counts in hex.  I guess
> there are network engineers, or programmers, out there who have 8 fingers
> on each hand....)

You may guess... But I find it sometimes very convinient to have a
hexadecimal representation of byte counts (A.K.A length). When I use this
byte count to see this in a hex dump, it's easy to detect the lines of hex
dump used. The length 154 are exactly 9 lines of 16 byte each.

--
Andy