Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] What is BASE_HEX_DEC

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:45:42 +0100
Guy Harris skrev 2010-12-17 09:40:
On Dec 17, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Hoang Thang wrote:

I am seeing the source code of Wireshark and confuse what BASE_DEC_HEX and BASE_HEX_DEC are.
Why don't we use only BASE_HEX or BASE_DEC ?
Because, for whatever reason, some people want the value of a numeric field displayed in both hexadecimal and decimal.

If for instance the protocol specification lists tags in hexadecimal having it displayed in HEX_DEC(or vice verca) can be useful.
And some functions such as: proto_tree_add_item, proto_tree_add_text, ... that I could not find where it declare, define,... ?
Declared in epan/proto.h, defined in epan/proto.c.

Is it in DLL file ?
They're in the libwireshark library.  By default, libwireshark is built as a Windows DLL for Windows, and as a UN*X shared library (.so, .sl, .dylib, whatever your particular UN*X calls it) on UN*X.