Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Modify default settings?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 13:24:14 -0700
On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 06:19:17PM +0000, Christopher Maynard wrote:

> Me either.  But in either case there are icons that don't fit on the
> toolbar.  I think it would be nice if they could all fit somehow.  The
> icons seem a little too wide to me.  I wonder if they could be
> squeezed so more could fit, although on my 1280-wide screen there are
> still 9 more icons after "Auto Scroll" that don't currently fit, so
> I'm sure no amount of reasonable squeezing will enable them all to
> fit.

I just looked at each of the toolbar items and forgot that most of them
were even there.  Maybe two toolbars to pick from would help: turn on
the often used items and then optionally turn on the less used.

> Maybe a change to a ribbon would do the trick, like
> http://www.cacetech.com/products/pilot_gui_img.html?  :)

No, not the dreaded ribbon!  Oh wait, that looks fairly good unlike the
overcrowded MS Office applications' ribbons.  The ribbon framework API
looks fairly straightforward at first glance... that is, if we were a
native Windows application w/o GTK.