Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Modify default settings?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:35:18 -0700
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 04:47:04PM +0000, Christopher Maynard wrote:

> Not sure if other formatting could be made as well, such as using 2
> lines to display certain text instead of 1 in order to help squeeze
> more icons into the displayable area, e.g., "Auto Scroll in Live
> Capture" is rather long.

I just changed this to read "Auto Scroll" instead in SVN revision 35108
to save space.  The other references remain "Auto Scroll in Live
Capture" such as in the View menu.

> BTW, I have a dual-screen display, one 1440 wide and the other 1280
> wide.  Even on the 1440 wide screen, not all icons are displayed when
> the toolbar text is added.

I often run Cygwin/X to display a Unix version of Wireshark across the
network to a Windows XP machine as well as run Wireshark natively on the
Windows machine.  The icons in the Unix version are quite a bit bigger
on my 1280x1024 screen.  Before my change (see above), the Windows
version ends at "Auto Scroll in Live Capture" while the Unix version
ends before that at "Top".  I don't know why GTK+ would show different
sizes in Unix vs. Windows.