Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How to register dissector using a custom packet type

From: Alex Lindberg <alindber@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 08:36:14 -0700 (PDT)
I need to create a dissector for a custom protocol type.  I am using LINKTYPE_USER0 from the tcpdump library.

I have created dissectors that connect to TCP and other dissectors, but I can't determine the correct way to register a dissector that is keyed off the protocol type in the libpcap formatted file.

Thanks as always.
Alex Lindberg