Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Incorrect check for MIT Kerberos in configure

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 00:46:16 -0600
On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 12:01:22PM -0400, Jeff Blaine wrote:

> Not signing up for bugzilla to report a bug.  Sorry.

Hopefully you signed up for this mailing list to receive my reply then.
(Signing up for bugzilla is just as easy.)

> The problem is that you are checking for MIT vs. Heimdal by the
> existence of the string "Massachusetts Institute of Technology" in
> $krb5_dir/include/krb5.h and it "should" be checked in
> $krb5_dir/include/krb5/krb5.h

I just checked in SVN revision 32727 [1] to have configure check for
MIT's krb5.h in both include/ and include/krb5/ when manually specifying
the directory.

This header file was moved to krb5/ starting with MIT Kerberos release
1.5.  This change will be available in the next release of Wireshark
(1.2.9).  You can also obtain the latest automated developer build
within a few hours from [2] by looking for a filename with 32727 or
higher in it.

[1] http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=32727
[2] http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/src/

--