Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Incorrect check for MIT Kerberos in configure

From: Jeff Blaine <jblaine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 12:01:22 -0400
Not signing up for bugzilla to report a bug.  Sorry.

checking whether to use kerberos... yes
checking krb5.h usability... yes
checking krb5.h presence... yes
checking for krb5.h... yes
checking whether the Kerberos library is Heimdal or MIT... no
configure: error: Kerberos not found

MIT Kerberos is installed and found right where I told
configure.

The problem is that you are checking for MIT vs. Heimdal
by the existence of the string "Massachusetts Institute of
Technology" in $krb5_dir/include/krb5.h and it "should" be
checked in $krb5_dir/include/krb5/krb5.h

I confirmed this with the MIT Kerberos developers in their
IRC server just now.

# grep Mass /usr/mitkrb18/include/krb5.h
# grep Mass /usr/mitkrb18/include/krb5/krb5.h
* Copyright 1989,1990,1995,2001, 2003, 2007 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
#