Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector skipping packets

From: Craig Bumpstead <cbumpste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 22:45:38 -0700 (PDT)
Steve,

I think I have found the problem.
Depending upon the packet type, the decode of the bytes following the packet type is different.

example: Packet Type 0
Trans type
Seq Num
Info type
Info State

Packet Type 2
Trans type
Seq Num
SPID
Message type

So the manner in which I was decoding the packet was wrong.

I'm not sure how to have different paths for decoding of packets. Any ideas of the protocol that I should look at for this type of decode?

Regards
Craig