Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Submitting patches on behalf of Mellanox

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:47:04 +0200

From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Slava Koyfman
Sent: den 29 april 2010 15:07
To: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] Submitting patches on behalf of Mellanox

Hi,

I work for Mellanox, and we've created several patches to the Infiniband dissector in Wireshark which I'd like to submit for inclusion in the mainline. Are there some specific steps I need to follow when submitting patches on behalf of a company, or do I just attach them to a bug report as usual?
No special procedure.

Also, the changes include some bugfixes and several feature additions. Currently I have each fix/feature as a separate patch. Should I open a separate bug for each of these, attach them all to the same bug report, or combine them and submit the changes as one big patch file?
I'd prefere a single bug report or perhaps one with bugfixes and one with features.

Bugfixes could be nice to separate out as they could then be backported to the stable version.

Small patch files are easier to review and can be accepted/rejected on a file per file basis on the other hand applying a single file
is easier. So the answer is - it depends :-)
( complexity, number of code lines changed, number of patches...)

Thanks,
Slava.