Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissecting a Protocol with multiple static TCP ports

From: Craig Bumpstead <cbumpste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:11:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I am trying to write a dissector for a proprietary protocol. This protocol can use 4 static TCP ports.
Thanks to the Wireshark tutorial I have gotten the dissector to work, but only with one static TCP port.

I have tried:
dissector_add("tcp.port", 21016, myproto_handle);
dissector_add("tcp.port", 4435, myproto_handle);

without any luck, it just decodes the first 2 packets then will only decode packets with TCP port 21016.

I've looked at packet-xml.c as directed, in the Developer doc's, but it is a bit beyond my intermediate C skills.

I would appreciate any advice or sample piece of code that anyone can help me with.

Regards,
Craig