Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] minor correction to Developer's Guide

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:46:34 -0400 (EDT)
I was looking at the Developer's Guide today in section 9.4.2. "How to reassemble split TCP Packets" and I think I spotted an omission, but I wanted to check with others to make sure it's not my error.  The section is here:  http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html/#TcpDissectPdus

The correction I think may be needed is to add another include to the code.  Specifically, unless I add "#include <epan/dissectors/packet-tcp.h>" to the list of includes in the sample code, the compiler complains that it doesn't know anything about tcp_dissect_pdus().

Also, I've been doing a lot of fiddling with ASN.1 code lately and think it would be nice to add a section on ASN.1-based dissectors to the developer's guide, since the only information I've found so far is the asn2wsr wiki developer pages, and even that leave a lot unstated.  I think I could make a start at writing that.  Should that be submitted in the form of a patch?

Ed