Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Extract AIM data during capture?

From: Shawn Mayer <mayer_sr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:17:16 -0500
Hi,
I am looking to use the AIM dissector currently available to save the conversations occurring on my network as they occur. I only need to "export" the information contained in the packets picked up by the AIM Messaging protocol, from there I can do what I need. My plan is to have a separate window where once a conversation starts a button will appear, allowing you to view the conversation, save it, log IP information, ect. How should I go about doing this/what would be the most effective way? Much thanks.

Shawn

NTMail K12 - the Mail Server for Education