Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Help needed with reassembly

From: David Aggeler <david_aggeler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 00:05:28 +0100

After reading quite a bit of documentation and going through different dissectors I'm even more confused. How am I now supposed to do the reassembly?

tcp_dissect_pdus() sound most promising, but the DICOM protocol lacks an overall size. I have a PDU length and a last fragment bit. To use fragment_add_check() I think I'm missing a sequence number. For the later, it is also not clear to me, how I would separate different channels and same channel numbers, but different sessions within the same capture, in respect to the dissector 'global' variables.

Do I need both? I.e. first the tcp_dissect_pdus() for each PDU combined with fragment_add_check() inside or outside? When would I need p_add_proto_data()?

I know there's no short answer, but I still hope to get some feedback or directions.

Regards
David