Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] behavior of tcp_dissect_pdus when protocol pdu is across tcp
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:37:48 -0700
On Aug 24, 2009, at 11:02 AM, Sudarshan Raghavan wrote:

How do I make tcp_dissect_pdus work correctly with chunks across TCP segments.
Is it not working correctly now?  I've seen it work correctly for
other protocols, even with multiple messages within one TCP segment,
messages split across TCP segments, and messages split across TCP
segments with the last TCP segment having the end of one message
followed by other messages or the beginning of another message.
Note that "working correctly" does not mean "calling your dissector
with a non-zero offset", it means "calling your chunk dissector with a
completely reassembled RTMP chunk, even if the chunk is split across
TCP segment boundaries or if there are parts of more than one RTMP
chunk (or complete RTMP chunks) in a TCP segment".