Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] behavior of tcp_dissect_pdus when protocol pdu is across tcp

From: Sudarshan Raghavan <sudarshan.t.raghavan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:25:16 +0530
Thanks for the responses. My initial analysis was wrong. The problem
was due to 'lost TCP segments'. These are segments that wireshark
failed to capture and I can see an ack for these packets from the
client and I don't see retransmissions either. Due to this the
dissection of RTMP fails badly.  RTMP is a very context sensitive
protocol. Missing any one chunk offset will have a cascading effect
from thereon.

I am currently trying with 'TCP analyze sequence numbers' disabled. A
quick search on google also seems to suggest this might not help a
lot. I found this mail from the archives
http://ethereal.netmirror.org/lists/wireshark-users/200806/msg00025.html
. Does anyone know of any way to workaround this problem?

Thanks,
Sudarshan