Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to get the data present in the Info Column in Wireshark

From: siri m <svu004@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:16:30 -0700
Steve,

Actually, I was able to obtain using pinfo->cinfo->col_data[5]; where '5' is for the column info.  (I needed for a custom protocol plugin to be able to handle different message types within the protocol). Is there anything within the pinfo that can be set with some data that I want so that it can be used later for some post-processing that depends on the type of the message etc.

Thanks,
Siri

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 03:34:46PM -0700, siri m wrote:

> is there any way to retrieve the existing data from that particular
> column?

There is currently no accessor function to retrieve the current value of
a column.  What are you trying to accomplish?

Steve