Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How to get the data present in the Info Column in Wireshark GUI?

From: siri m <svu004@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:34:46 -0700
Hi,

I know that we can set the data in the columns (in wireshark GUI), say, INFO using the following, but is there any way to retrieve the existing data from that particular column? Say, for eg. After we set the data using the below, can we obtain the data contained in this packet under that particular INFO column (i.e. xyzmessagetype) ?

 if (check_col(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO))
    {
        col_set_str(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO, "xyzmessagetype");
    }

Any pointers would be helpful,

TIA,
siri