Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Detecting Protocol Headers

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:39:45 -0700

On Mar 10, 2009, at 1:29 AM, Rayne wrote:

** I'm mostly looking for examples of what exactly are passed into the dissect_protocol() functions.

What's passed to them are the arguments they expect - a pointer to a tvbuff with the part of the packet data that it should dissect, a pointer to a packet_info structure with various information to be used by or filled in by dissecting, and a possibly-null pointer to a portion of the protocol tree to be filled in.

See README.developer, as suggested by others.