Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 25097: /trunk/ /trunk/gtk/: about_dl
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:23:25 -0700
Guy Harris wrote:

Using the "explore" verb rather than the "open" verb in filemanager_open_directory() *might* work. I'll try that.
Didn't help.  The good news is that it didn't launch Wireshark; the bad
news is that it didn't open an Explorer window on the directory, either.
 I suspect what happens with the "explore" verb is that Windows
Explorer says "hey, wireshark-gtk2.exe isn't a directory, I can't open
that up as a folder window!"
I guess we need some way to convince the UI that when we say
"wireshark-gtk2" we really mean "wireshark-gtk2", not "wireshark-gtk2.*
and use the 'best' one you find" - if there is a way to do that.