Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 25097: /trunk/ /trunk/gtk/: about_dl

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:20:47 -0400
guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Add a routine "filemanager_open_directory()", which takes a pathname
 (presumed to be UTF-8 in Windows and Mac OS X; this might need work for
 other UN*Xes) and attempts to open a file manager window for it, using
 ShellExecute on Windows, ...

On my Windows Vista system, double-clicking
on any of the links for 'Global Configuration', 'System' and 'Program'
actually starts Wireshark.

Looking a little deeper: the 'parent' directory specified in these links has a wireshark-gtk2.exe as well as a wireshark-gtk2 directory. (This is my standard wireshark development setup).

Any way to force the path to be opened in file manager as a directory as opposed to first defaulting to trying the path as an executable ?