Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] MIB path not saved with preferences

From: "Jaap Keuter" <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:48:38 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

Ah, it's the big Save/Apply/Ok/Cancel confusion. I would recommend you to
go to Preferences|User Interface and uncheck the last box in the list
which states "Settings dialogs show a save button".

With regards to the files being/not being in ~/.wireshark: normally the
system wide files are used as they are installed. Once you make a change
to one of the UATs the corresponding file is saved in ~/.wireshark. So
adding a module results in ~/.wireshark/smi_modules, while adding a path
results in ~/.wireshark/smi_paths.

Thanx,
Jaap