Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] pcap-ng support

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:28:58 -0800
Steve,

I think there is something weird going on. I'm using rev 24375

I captured a bunch of ethernet packets, when I ask to save the file in pcap-ng format, the timestamps on the screen become all the same (1969-12-31 16:00:00.000000).

I checked with my other tool, but unfortunately it only reads captures with nanosecond precision. So I checked with an hex editor, and the timestamp on the packets (well, at least the first packet) is 0.

Let me know if you need any help.

Have a nice day
GV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Fisher" <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>