Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Create User Friendly Hex Dump for Compression Algorithms

From: "Padilla, Alex D" <adpadil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:12:20 -0700
Does anyone know how I can create a more user friendly hex dump display for compression algorithms?  I would like to separate the hex dump when capturing packets into sections that contain information on compression algorithms, whether the dump is chunked or not, and a variety of other things.  If I capture a packet that is compressed, I would like the compression information to be displayed (i.e. it was compressed using deflate, etc.).  I've been reading up on LUA but cannot find too much information about the specifics of using it with Wireshark except for the short section in the Wireshark User's Guide.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.