Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Unable to open OpenVMS tcptrace

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:52:39 +0400
Hello all,

For a few versions now (since 0.99.5), I have been unable to open OpenVMS tcptrace files using Wireshark. A sample file is attached. In some cases, the File Open dialog preview shows is as an invalid Endance ERF file, sometimes an invalid Lucent/Ascend format and so on.

I guess it is because the heuristics of one wiretap file format reader is better than the others in case of plain text files. Is there some way this can be improved or it there something wrong with the capture itself?

Thanks,
Abhik.