Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Decode Octet string into sequence

From: "Anders Broman \(AL/EAB\)" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:17:36 +0200
Hi,
I'm not shure what you are trying to do according to the INAP ASN1 file:

CallResult ::= OCTET STRING(SIZE (minCallResultLength..maxCallResultLength))

--  This parameter provides the SCF with the charging related information previously requested
--  using the ApplyCharging operation. This shall include the partyToCharge parameter as
--  received in the related ApplyCharging operation to correlate the result to the request.
--  The remaining content is network operator specific.
--  Examples of charging related information to be provided by the SSF may be: bulk counter values,
--  costs, tariff change and time of change, time stamps, durations, etc.
--  Examples of conditions on which the charging related information are to be reported may be:
--  threshold value reached, timer expiration, tariff change, end of connection configuration, etc.

Have you regenerated the dissector with the ASN1 code you indicated?
From
I have a message : "BER ERROR: Sequence expected  but class:0(UNIVERSAL) PC:0 tag:4  was unexpected".

because I have "04h" instead of "30h" in my file cap
It looks like it is an OCTET STRING you are receiving not a SEQUENCE is it possible that that
OCTET STRING is "double encoded" so that the next octets are the actual SEQUENCE?
In that case you'll have to do some codeing in the .cnf file to handle this case.
BR
Anders