Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Controlling the location of plugins directory

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:07:27 +0100
Bob Doolittle wrote:
It would be good to know if "-P persconf" solves your usecase.

Yes, I think so, assuming that it controls where
plugins are found as well as the preferences.
Wouldn't it have been cleaner to use two options,
instead of one option plus a string qualifier
(i.e. "persconf:" vs "persdata:")?

I'll have to defer to Ulf on that. There was no doubt some reasoning behind it.

could perhaps convince the maintainers of the app
server to build a new version as long as it's from
the main branch and the branch builds a stable
app.  Are your -P changes in the main repository
branch now?

They aren't my changes... but yes, they are.

Cheers,

Richard