Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building with cygwin python

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 01:38:27 +0100
Jaap Keuter wrote:
Hi list,

I was working on the Windows build (VC6) and had the usual trouble with
python. Until I changed the PYTHON symbol to simply PYTHON=env. Bash
seems to get enough info from the shebang in the script to run python for
plugin.c generation. So should we put that in config.nmake?
Jaap, you're long enough on the list to know that "had the usual trouble with python" won't help a lot ...

You may be a bit more exact with your problem report.

I (and someone else as well) have trouble using the cygwin port, so I'd vote against switching to it.

Regards, ULFL