Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Qestion about Wireshark parsing PPP protocol???

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:12:58 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

The short answer is: yes this is PPP.

The long answer is: With recent versions of WinPcap and Windows (don't ask
details) it is possible to capture this stuff on a serial link (dialup
conection). It is conviniently wrapped in a pseudo Ethernet header and
handed to Wireshark to display. So you get to see PPP LCP, CHAP and NCP's
for IP etc. And for the rest the datapackets as if they were send on an
Ethernet link.

Thanx,
Jaap