Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Qestion about Wireshark parsing PPP protocol???

From: "Mosly Chang" <moslychang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:50:29 +0800
Hi everyone!!
I have some question wireshark parsing.
When I try to understand PPP protocol,I find some material about  it.
I  can see it is  Data Link layer protocol.,so I think it have no DA SA compared to the most general packet format EthernetII.
It's frame format is  " Flag + Address + Control + Protocol +Information +FCS ".
The "Protocol" indicates what is the upper-layer protocol, such as IP, IPX,LCP.
By this reasoning, I guess Wireshark cann't parse PPP protocol.
But I just try to find sample packet file in Wireshark Wiki
http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures#head-5d1cb7d95d26641c61a5ba82ab7c0c76c08133e7
I am Surprised that it have PPP file .
In  PPPHandshake.cap   ,the first packet is the follow ing form:
EthernetII:
           Destination  :xxxxxxxxx
           Source, xxxxxxxx
           Type unknown (0xc223)
PPP Challenge Handshark Authenticaiton Protocol
           Code: Failure(0x04)
           Identifier:0x00
           Length:52

Is this PPP protocol???? Who knows about it ?
Thanks a lot!!!

--