Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Could someone please update the FAQ or should we drop it complet

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:52:12 +0200
Hi List!

As I'm reading the current FAQ (and someone pointed that it should be included in the help system), it seems to be very much outdated.

There are a lot of entries which are obviously not a *frequently* asked question today, e.g. 5.2: "This is a bug in Ethereal 0.10.0a, which is fixed in 0.10.1 and later releases."

I'm seeing two options here:

- someone takes the time to take care about the FAQ to keep it accurate - and keeping it accurate
- we drop the FAQ completely (which is my favourite)

An FAQ which helps people about problems we had years ago doesn't help anyone IMHO.

I'm just hating the following opinion: "We have to include the FAQ everywhere in the help, and someone else has to keep it accurate".

Regards, ULFL