Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Problem with text2pcap

From: "Aparna Rajaraman" <aparna@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:02:07 +0530

Hi,

I’m trying to use text2pcap to convert text file to pcap format. I have raw ISUP data and I want to attach SCTP and M2UA headers to the raw data using text2pcap. I’m using –S command line option to insert dummy ethernet, IP and SCTP headers. The problem I’m encountering is that the Total Length in IP header in always 64 irrespective of size of raw data.

Please tell me if I can modify the length field using some command line option or manually in pcap file .

Thanks.

Aparna