Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Only Seeing Outgoing Packets, Part II

From: "Simon Bradley" <simonbrads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:40:35 -0000
> May I suggest that you download and burn a knoppix cd.

No need: I've (just this minute) (finally!) tracked down the problem.
Gianluca and Loris suggested it might be something to do with VPN software
-- and they were right.

Although I'd stopped both the services (Check Point VPN-1 SecuRemote), there
was also a component installed in the properties of the network adapter (a
service in the list on the General tab). I unchecked this, and now I see
both incoming and outgoing packets. Hurrah!

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Glad to finally have it sorted! :)

Cheers,

Simon