Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Only Seeing Outgoing Packets, Part II

From: John Graves <jhgraves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:58:19 -0500
Simon Bradley wrote:
Uhm, it definitely seems a problem with WinPcap on your laptop. Do you have any personal firewall/VPN client installed/running on the laptop?
May I suggest that you download and burn a knoppix cd. You will not get the latest and greatest version of Ethereal but it will tell you whether it is a software or hardware issue. Ethereal was standard on the last disk I used, Knoppix 3.8, but I can't say if it is supplied with later versions.

--
Regards,

John Graves

Dynamic Devices Inc.
781-245-9100
Wakefield, MA
email: jhgraves@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Converged wired & wireless networks for Data, Voice, & Video.
Firewalls and security products.