Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Processing Text Output

From: "Steve Licking" <slicking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:22:45 -0800

Hi, I have several captures of the text output of tethereal (basically tethereal -V >textCaptureFile).  The text is nicely formatted and has been easy enough to parse so far, but I would like to convert them into the libpcap format which Ethereal can read.

However I have had little luck in finding a way to do this.  The closest I’ve found is text2pcap, however since the text captures I have only give hex output for the packet data section, much of the information would be lost.

Are there any utilities capable of parsing the text output of Ethereal and converting it into the libpcap format?

Thanks for your help