Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Only Seeing Outgoing Packets, Part II

From: "Simon Bradley" <simonbrads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:22:45 -0000
> Uhm, it definitely seems a problem with WinPcap on your
> laptop. Do you have any personal firewall/VPN client
> installed/running on the laptop?

Check Point VPN-1 SecuRemote is installed, but I've it stopped the services,
and it didn't help. Could simply having it installed have an effect?

In fact, you gave me an idea: I went through the full service list and
stopped almost everything; and then I killed just about every process that
was still running using Task Manager. But the result was still the same: I
only see outgoing packets on the laptop!

I've also tried a different network cable, to no avail.

On Monday, I'll plug the laptop into my hub at work and see what it sees
there. I can also check to see if my colleague's laptop (same model) shows
the same behaviour. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks for the ideas!

 -- Simon