Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] (Slightly OT) Ethernet length question

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:57:46 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

You skipped the a) clause! This is from the 1998 version I've got laying
around:

7.2 Support of the Internal Sublayer Service by IEEE Std 802.3 (CSMA/CD)
a) Use the procedure as described in ISO/IEC 15802-3, 6.5.1. This can
result in tagged frames of less than 68 octets (but at least 64 octets)
being transmitted; or

So at least 64 octets on the wire, either with or without VLAN tag.

Sorry,
Jaap