Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Problem-can't open file because longer than 65535

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 00:47:12 -0800
Débora Pastor Antolín wrote:

Thanks Ulf,I tried also to make a filter (ip.len<=65535), but it doesn't work. I'll verify it.

That filter won't help. The problem is below the level at which filtering - and packet dissection - is done.

The problem is almost certainly that, as Ulf says, the file is damaged. There's nothing we can do to fix that problem. If, for example, you FTPed the file from a UN*X (Solaris, Linux, OS X, BSD, HP-UX, AIX, etc.) system to a Windows system, or from a Windows system to a UN*X system, and you didn't FTP it in binary mode, the file was damaged by that, and we can't fix that damage. In that case, you'll have to try transferring it again, and this time try binary mode.