Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Problem-can't open file because longer than 65535

From: Débora Pastor Antolín <deb_pastor@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 21:24:37 +0100 (CET)
Thanks Ulf,I tried also to make a filter (ip.len<=65535), but it doesn't work. I'll verify it.
Maybe you can answer my otrher question, do you know how I could obtain the packet-length of every packet of the file? I use tethereal.
Thank you very much.
Regards,

D�bora.

Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> escribi�:
D�bora Pastor Antol�n wrote:

> Hi you all,
>
> I've a problem with opening a file (Wlan-traces) with _tethereal_, the
> command version of ethereal. It says, one of the packets is longer
> than 65535 Bytes (that's the MTU of Ethernet)-maybe you can help me, I
> need to obtain some statistics. Please, help me!

Sounds to me that the capture file is corrupt somehow. 65535 is the
largest expected packet size - I don't know any of todays networks that
uses larger packets than that.

Probably the file was corrupted on transport (FTP not using binary mode?)

Regards, ULFL